Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Recoup - Purchase with a Purpose

I am an avid lover of the concept "purchase with a purpose".  I am also a Groupon and LivingSocial junkie.  Well, Recoup has put together the best of both of those worlds. 

To be honest, I had low expectations of this site, solely because it just sounded too good to be true. But, wait now - while browsing through their market I was highly impressed by the amazing selection of deals and products, vacations and local deals they offered.  

Now mommies, they contribute to Operation Incubationa charity whose mission is to raise funds to purchase specifically engineered infant incubators and distribute them across the developing world. Every year, nearly 5 million infants die due to low birth rate and infection. Most of these deaths could be prevented by access to infant incubators. That's 450 an hour or one every 8 seconds. All of these deaths are avoidable. If that doesn't tug really hard on your heart strings, then I really don't know if you have a heart.  Being a mom really puts a high priority on the concept of infant mortality.  I am grateful everyday that I was lucky enough to have my child in a developed country where all needs were met.  While some mommies worried about getting a designer birthing gown, other new moms worry about if their child will have the proper medical attention to save them.

If you have a moment, check them out. They really have an amazing idea here. Let's support them!


No comments:

Post a Comment