Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Color A Smile- For All Ages!

A child's drawing can elicit so many emotions.  I mean, the Picasso-esque scribbles, contradicting colors, jagged lines, curvy lines, crazy lines are all so insanely pleasing to look at.  And what refrigerator is complete without one of them hanging off a magnet?



Well, Color-A-Smile, a little non-profit out in Morristown, NJ (yeah, Jersey!) collects these drawings and sends them to places that could use a little cheering up.

They don't fundraise, their website is super simple and they cut to the chase of their simple mission.  The "thank you" page on their website basically sums up how successful they have been in achieving their wonderful goal:

"... Thank you for the beautiful drawings I receive with my Meals On Wheels delivery. They are always colorful. I keep them in my kitchen. I like to look at them."

"... Thanks again for your Smile pictures. You deserve a Gold Star for your kindness. Thank you for always thinking of me."

"... Thank you for the Color A Smile drawings that you send me. I think you are great artists. I put the drawings on my refrigerator. They always make me smile."

"... On behalf of the residents in our Veterans Home we want to thank you for the donations of artwork that you send to us. We are most grateful to you for helping to enhance the quality of life here. We count on your continued support."

"... Just a note to let you know how you brighten my day with your artwork. I think that many of you are 'budding Picassos.' Ask your teacher about Picasso. Thank you for always helping me to smile."


On their website is an online coloring book where you can choose and print a page to color, or create your own art and when complete, simply mail to this address:

  
P O Box 1516  
Morristown, NJ 07962-1516 

Can't wait to do this with my munchkin this weekend! Getting our crayons ready tonight and will post pics of little one and me getting our color on!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment